The cost of a funeral depends on a number of different factors. But whatever options you choose, we can help you plan that special farewell within your budget.
The LEVERN Funeral
This is a no frills, no fuss cremation carried out privately with no mourners in attendance.
- The service includes our professional services arranging the cremation and ingathering of documentation. Taking the deceased into our care within 50 miles of our Head Office (G42), excludes ferry or air fares
- Care of deceased at our service facility
- Supply of basic lined and fitted coffin
- Conveyance in specialist vehicle to crematorium of our choosing
- Collection of ashes in simple container
- Crematorium fee (included)
Cost from £775
The CATHKIN Funeral
(Although this is a set arrangement, coffin upgrades and/or interiors are permitted at an additional cost. Ask your Arranger for details)
If a family can be flexible on some aspects of our services including the day and time of the funeral then we can offer this arrangement.
- Making all arrangements and professional fees
- Removal of the deceased into our care at any hour within 50 miles of our Head Office, excludes ferry and air fares
- Use of care facilities. Simple preparation, dressing and coffining
- Supply of a simple lined and furnished coffin with standard interior and name plate
- Use of repose facilities for visitation by prior appointment during normal working hours
- Modern Jaguar hearse to convey coffin direct to the crematorium or cemetery. Restricted days and times
- Attendance of funeral director to oversee funeral
- Live stream of ceremony at certain crematoria (small additional cost)
- Supply of simple urn or scatter tube
Cost from £1699
(Plus Third Party Disbursements ie crematorium or cemetry costs etc)
The CLYDE Funeral
This is a bespoke full service funeral arrangement. It is by far the most popular arrangement we are asked to provide and it includes everything required for a traditional Glasgow Funeral. It allows for upgrades and enhancements to fully personalise the funeral.
- The taking of all instructions, arranging and coordinating all third parties (clergy or celebrant, crematorium or cemetery, florist, reception venue etc,) and the collection and ingathering of all documentation required
- Advice on all legal and social matters pertaining to the funeral
- The removal of the deceased into our care (within 50 miles of our Head Office, excludes air and ferry costs)
- The care of the deceased in our climate controlled care facility
- The preparation, embalming (if necessary), the dressing and coffining of your loved one
- The provision of a fully fitted simple coffin with standard interior and plate of inscription
- The use, by prior arrangement within normal working hours, of repose facilities at any of our citywide funeral homes for the visitation of family and friends
- The supply of a coach built Jaguar hearse and a 6 seater modern top of the range limousine with liveried chauffeurs for the funeral from an address of choice to a cemetery or crematorium within Greater Glasgow
- The attendance of an experienced uniformed funeral conductor to oversee and supervise the cortege
- Limousine to return family to reception afterwards
- Supply of 50 x 4 page Orders of Service.
Cost from £2299
(Plus Third Party Disbursements)
With The Clyde Funeral you may upgrade the coffin and interior from our extensive collection of coffins and caskets, increase the number of limousines or arrange for the coffin to be taken home or into the church.
Should you wish for an alternative hearse e.g. a horse hearse, a motorbike hearse etc, those requests can be accommodated through this arrangement.
Social Funds to help with your costs
- If you are claiming benefits, you could get help in paying for funeral arrangement expenses. You can download and fill in the Funeral Payment claim form here and send it to your local Jobcentre Plus for an assessment of eligibility.
- You may be able to receive a budgeting loan if you have been getting income-related employment and support allowance. You can download and fill in the loan claim form here and send it to your local Jobcentre Plus for an assessment of eligibility.
- You might be able to claim a £2000 Bereavement Payment from the Government if your spouse or civil partner died before 6 April 2017. This is a one-off, tax-free lump sum payment based on your spouse or civil partner’s national insurance contributions. You can download and fill in the claim form here and send it to your local Jobcentre Plus for an assessment of eligibility